Laila and Me Dehydrated Pilchards 75g
- Pilchards are an amazing source of protein and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, so your dog’s coat will be soft and shiny, and skin soft and hydrated.
- Pilchards are a really healthy and nutritious fish! This little wonder fish has loads of health properties including:
- Immunity, Inflammation and Muscle development
- They are a great immune booster and also aide with muscle and connective tissue development, great for young pups or elderly dogs.
- Pilchards also reduce inflammation caused by allergies and other skin conditions.
Whole pilchards are an excellent source of high quality protein and essential Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 is vital for the health of the immune system, skin and fur, and brain. Unfortunately, in the modern diet we tend to eat far too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3, which can upset the balance of healthy fats and lead to inflammatory conditions. Adding wholefood sources of Omega 3, like pilchards, is an excellent way to combat this common dietary shortcoming.
Because they are small and sit low in the food chain, Pilchards also contain very low levels of mercury, when compared to larger fish with similar health benefits. They are an excellent source of B vitamins, especially vitamin B12, as well as calcium, selenium, iodine, phosphorous, iron and vitamin A.
Pilchards are also a rare dietary source of vitamin D, which is especially important for dogs as they do not effectively convert vitamin D from sunlight like we do. Vitamin D is important for strong and healthy bones and teeth, which are achieved by assisting with nutrient absorption and ensuring the body’s calcium and phosphorous levels are balanced.