Laila and Me Freeze Dried Raw Chicken Hearts 60g
- Taurine amino acid and high levels of phosphorous
- Chicken hearts also contain good amounts of protein, iron, vitamin B12, zinc and copper.
- Freeze drying ensures that all of the nutrients are retained and not damaged through heat.
- Suitable for both dogs and cats
Chicken hearts are an incredibly nutritious treat ingredient, partly due to their high levels of phosphorous and the amino acid taurine.
Taurine is an important amino acid and it plays an important role in the health of the eyes and retinas, heart health, reproductive function and the overall immune system health.
Phosphorous is the second most abundant mineral in the body and it is found in every single cell. It provides the most known function in the body of any element, particularly when it comes to the formation of bones and teeth.
- Freeze drying ensure that all of the nutrients are retained and not damaged through heat.
- Freeze dried chicken dog treats have a shelf like of up to 30 years, when stored at a wide range of temperatures.
- While dehydrating may impact the nutritional value of some foods by degrading nutrients, freeze drying retains all nutrients in their original state.
- Freeze drying does not affect the flavour or texture of the food, unlike almost all other preservations methods.
- Freeze drying makes food much lighter, which make it more cost effective to post.
- Freeze drying reduces around 99% of the moisture in food, creating an unlikely environment for bacteria and mould to grow.
Chicken hearts also contain good amounts of protein, iron, vitamin B12, zinc and copper.
Freeze drying ensures that all of the nutrients are retained and not damaged through heat.